in my cultural theory class we were defining a "White Liberal" this is the list my class came up with, I have now defined myself as a white liberal but the list makes me laugh, I'm not sure how many you need to qualify for to be classified as a white liberal but the ones in bold are what I view as true for myself.
2. has a dog
3. political (democratic or republican or independent)
4. tech savvy (has the best technology out there; ie: Iphone, BluRay etc.) however i don't have the best technology out there, I can't afford it.
5. Mac User if i could afford one, i would own one, i love them.
7. Likes recycling
8. probably has a composite
9. drives a hybrid card, probably a Prius if i could afford one, i would own one.
10. bikes everywhere
11. Vegan or Vegetarian
12. likes to kayak
13. has the best TV or is Anti-Tv
14. likes to be healthy (exercise or eating) i like being healthy, doesnt mean i always am
15. listens to NPR
16. organic or local clothes
17. fresh food (no processed food, usually gets food from the local market)
18. no franchises (grocery store, restaurant or even clothing)
19. likes to be barefoot or shoes with open toes (flip flops and sandals)
20. likes being outside i like being inside too though
21. usually campaigns for things; causes, campaigns etc
22. in a committed relationship
23. has a "partner" because they don't believe in marriage
24. Agnostic or Atheist
25. likes Bill Maher
26. Reads the local paper daily
27. read all the books on NY top 100 list
28. likes Feung Shui
29. claims to be Buddhist or follows certain aspects thats one of the only religions i could seriously consider being apart of.
30. "is always right" and will argue with you if you don't have the same views
31. they make smart investments
32. doesn't gamble
33. no kids
34. tree hugger
36. Beer-o (my classes way of saying beer enthusiast's)
37. sophisticated palette
38. posh home
39. likes hiking
so, are you a white liberal?