Monday, January 3, 2011

twenty eleven update so far






Photos: (1) we did a series of family photos on my new camera with my new tripod it would take 6 shots at once so we just kept moving and being goofy to get some fun photos. this is just 1 or 50 (2) this is one of the photos from the christmas night party with ugly sweaters, me and my padre, his sweater is wrapped with xmas lights and plusg into the wall with an extention chord (3) i missed the blogosphere when this happened but Obama came to Seattle! (for a Patty Murray rally) we got there at 6am waited in line forever but it was so worth it and with my new camera and zoom lense I got some awesome photos, this is just one of the MANY, i litterally snapped 6 photos a second!
.
.
.
Television: I got seasons 6&7 of MONK on DVD (i already had 1-5 and all that is left is the final season 8) and 1-5 of How I Met Your Mother -- I'm in LOVE with both, How I Met Your Mother is obviously more casual so I can watch that and be on the computer and fall asleep to it. MONK is more deep so I have to pay attention to that one so i've switching back and forth both are BRILLANT, you know how I love MONK.
.
.
.
Food tip of the day: I did this for breakfast, I dont like egg whites they kind of disgust me so as advised in a weight watcher recipe, mix 1 regular egg and then 2 egg whites, (that adds up to 2 regular eggs) you won't know the difference especially if you add stuff to it. (mine was an omelet so i used canadian bacon (which is better than bacon) onions, cheese and salt and pepper)
.
.
.
Job Searching: offically begin the real search today, my goal is to apply for 3 jobs a day (because I need to write a cover letter catered to each company specifically and have to do research for it, I think 3 is a good number to send out good letters and not just half ass-ed ones.
however the really big news: my friend michelle graduated a year ago at the same time, she ended up getting a job with the TV show 'Sell this House' on A&E as the host/designer's assistant (shes on all the new episodes and everything) you travel 9 days every 2 weeks (or somethign like that) you get paid really well and you get to travel everywhere!
.
.
.
well she was telling me, she got the job from a craigslist posting, it advertised for a design assistant and didnt mention the show specifically. reading the posting she thought she didnt even want it, she got hired right away because she actually had a degree in design (most people applying didnt really know about design)
.
.
.
so today, i found a craigslist posting from dec 29, 2010 (so it is recent) for a design assistant, it talks about travel, crazy hours, excitment, setting up for photo shoots and somethign (i dont remember exactly) about TV sets -- i'm almosy 90% positive its the TV show job! so I sent my resume -- sooo fingers crossed! I think I would have a great chance at this because most people would glance over that ad, it was short, the only reason i applied is because of what Michelle told me, most people wouldnt be able to or want to travel that much (if they are married or have families) and its only seasonal so no one would leave a job they had for it.
.
.
.
I was going to post a blog blog but I think I wrote enough in my updates i'll leave it at that.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great photo of Obama. And of course i already told you i love the family series.

    Applying for three jobs a day is wonderfully ambitious. Make sure you have your dad proof your letters because it's difficult for people to proof their own work especially when they have to edit each time.

    I was going to comment on your other blog post but then i was thinking you might not read it. I am not sure if Brian (B-Lo) needs another bowler, but i knew he wanted a new team. Mary might not be bowling this year your mom said so then he would need one.

    I love that show Sell This House!

    I'm glad the holidays are over. They wear me out. I came home after work and had my pajamas on by 5:30. (Though i did run at lunchtime today.)

    Our tree is still up though and i don't mind because it looks as good as it did a month ago. It seems so wrong to throw out a healthy living thing.

    We watched a really cool sweet indie movie called My Own Love Song with Renee Zellweger and Forest Whitaker and it had great Dylan music in it too from his cd "Together Through Life".

    I'll try and remember and email you from work about Irene's reference.

    ReplyDelete