PICTURES: courtesy of my cousin Jonathan in Scotland, he recently graduated as a photographer and does really awesome photography - being in Europe usually just gives him more interesting pictures in general but it had been awhile since I had talked to him and looked at his website and found a lot of really great shots so I think my next couple posts will be photos he has taken, but i couldnt choose just one to share this time.
Listening to: Norah Jones - Turn Me On. for some reason I used to think I hated Norah Jones and I dont know why because she has really beautiful music and its really calming, its great to do homework too. (which i always need mellow music for.)
Watching: hollywood squares. (dont ask me how or why im watching TV, Listening to music AND blogging. not to mention also Facebooking.) I love the GameShowNetwork (GSN) its all the old gameshows (pyramid, regis millionarie, jeopardy) and they are totally dated but still so interesting to watch. I love millionarie when it was with regis.
Complaining: I have the worst back pains lately, I have this horrible knot in my back, my uncle (hes a physical therapist) taught me a trick to get rid of knots but its hard to do by yourself so it helped a little but not the way its supposed to. i want to see if i can get a doctors note for a massage, i dont see why i couldnt i feel like its completely valid for someone with lupus. i want a physical therapist massage anyways (not like gene juarez) i'm just hoping the insurance will pay for it, that would be sweet :)
annoyance: our ondemand has never worked with our digital cable so the cable guy came today and we ended up finding out we cant actually order anything from ondemand unless we have a landline phone - what the hell?? this makes NO sense, i've had digital cable before and always only had my cell phone. the guy didnt really seem to know why this is a "rule" i really hope it somehow has to do with communications (like the wiring) because otherwise its really stupid, people would spend so much money ordering movies and programs they are loosing out.
Eating: nothing right now but i made hamburger pie tonight that was improvised with what little food we had in our fridge it wasnt too bad, i was hungry so i ate it. haha.
drinking: good ol' h20, i feel really bad because I really believe in sustainability and green living but when it comes to water bottles i drink so much more of it if its in a disposable bottle. I have tried buying water bottles i never like them (i think it has to do with how the water comes out of the bottle.) but its bad to reuse the disposable bottles (something about the plastic...) BUT i much prefer to drink more water. I drink a minimum of 3 bottles and most days I ONLY drink water (i barely touch diet coke anymore! even at restaurants i've been good!)
okay the blog part.
I just had the weirdest day of doing the strangest things all day. So I'm not a stranger in the night the way Franky sings about it but a Stranger in the day for acting so strange.
1. I woke up at 9am.
2. I cleaned the whole apartment before noon
3. I cooked a real breakfast (hashbrowns and eggs with my lovely cocktail of morning pills)
4. I ran out of things to do after I ate and cleaned that I started deep cleaning (not just wiping down the counters and putting away clothes, i pulled out the bleach and organic cleaner!)
5.well by this time the cable guy comes which is always really awkward to me, so i randomly decided to find things to do in my kitchen so I started cleaning our stove top (took out all the grills and soaked the little round things that catch your food that always get really dirty.)
6. for some reason we have like 4 different sets of salt and pepper shakers. I have these hula dancing ones I bought when I moved out on my own the very first time, we have these ones left over from xmas, we have these ones I stole from the dennys in vancouver and then we have what the salt and pepper comes in when you buy it from the store. so i combine all of them together and get this - I WASH AND CLEAN every single salt and pepper shaker. NO IDEA why.
7. I realized we have had the same bag 10lb bag of potatoes in our cuboard since we moved in, it had grown so many sprouts it was grossing me out so I decided to peel, and chopped ALL the potatoes, I chopped them into French Fries, Scalloped Potatoes and HashBrowns and now they are all frozen in our freezer, i'm not sure if it really works this way but I figure thats pretty much what they do when you buy frozen potatoes anyways, we will see how it ends up working out...
8. I cleaned my bathtub with bleach. while i was in it on my way out of getting out of the tub. nakey and bleach apparently scream "clean!"
9. I reorganized my tupperware, the tupperware we dont use.
10. i dusted inside my closet. there wasnt really any dust in there.
11. i didnt vacuum. I vacuum almost everyday and the one day I go cleaning crazy, I don't vacuum.
I can't believe I ended on number 11.