Thursday, January 21, 2010

I loved, I hated, and back again.

theres so many famous people out there that I 1.) either used to hate and now love. or 2.) used to love and now hate. here's my list. make sure to share yours!

1. Angelina Jolie. I used to really not like her, I think it was first her hard appearance, she had that tough girl exotic look, and then when the whole Brad and Jen break-up happened I was definitley on team Aniston. BUT the more I watched her movies and watched her in interviews I realized I love her, she is genuinely a really good person, the work she does for charity is so humble, she doesnt do it for fame, she uses her fame to help others which many people don't do.








2. Jennifer Aniston. My the tides have changed, I still love Jennifer but it's very different now because she is in a comparison to Jolie and she doesnt do nearly as much charity work and its not that i'm against it because Angelina does it and she doesnt, I'm against it because she has a lot of money and basically keeps it for herself. I know she does charity she works with St. Judes and a lot of others, but I just know if it was me, and I had money i'd be like Angelina doing so much more for others. (Brad and Angelina were #1 on the list of celebrities who donate money to Charity)






3. Drew Barrymore. I don't really know why I didnt like Drew so much, I think it was from watching her in 'Charlies Angels' I thought she was really white trash, and well she did marry Tom Green. But I have LOVED the movies she has been in lately and shes dating Justin Long which is a big improvement, I love him! but it was mainly an article from Bazzaar that she was in and I just fell in love with her. I don't even remember what the article was really about but I remember she said this one quote "I can't imagine why we all don't want desperatley to take care of each other. We need to be passionately inspired by the fact that we can take our environment and our country back." that just spoke to me on SO many levels.




4. Beyonce. I remember a time when I did like her, I think probably when I was young and she was in Destinys Child but I really CANNOT stand her. I hate that she tries to act so humble and down to earth and then shows up in a dress that is as small as a hand towel. I'd have more respect for her if she was like Samantha from Sex and the City and admitted she loved her body and wanted to show it off. But she tries to act like shes not. I hate her music I think it sounds horrible and like noise. I don't care for her stupid dances and I think her lyrics are a joke. okay enough with that. next!






5. Jennifer Lopez. there was also another time when I really liked J-lo but the more I found out about her, I couldnt stand her. some might be tabloid crap but apparently she has this whole pride of being from the Bronx (ie: "jenny from the block") but she doesnt do anything to help the bronx, nor is she largely supportive of any charity for that matter. I just havent really liked her in interviews she seems very full of herself although I do like the movies she does, they are always fun and lighthearted (Maid in Manhattan, Wedding Planner, Monster in Law) I did hear she tips really bad at restaurants which I think is really tacky when you have money. you don't need to tip more because you have money but you should still be tipping the standards and of course you still have the right to tip vs. on quality of service. I guess possibly this "rumor" started from the reports of a horrible waitress, who knows.




6. Heidi Klum. I used to not like her because I think I thought she was a stuck up model or something but I really do love her now, seeing her in interviews and watching a few episodes of Project Runway, she's really sweet and down to earth and marrying Seal I think says a lot about her (marrying someone for who they are and not their looks)








7. David Beckham. I thought he had to have been full of himself because of the hype of his good looks and the whole coming to America to earn more money thing seemed kinda...bad. BUT I fell in love with him when I read an article on how he denied to be in certain ad's because they wanted him to pose sexy with other famous models his response was "i'm married" and in almost every ad i've seen him in with another person its been him and Victoria, which I think is very cool.

Okay I didn't want to end on 7 but I can't think of any others so...oh well!

7 comments:

  1. I like this topic!

    First your list:

    I like Angelina. But she did put me off when she was married to Billy Bob Thornton.

    I like Jennifer too, but the truth is i get really tired of seeing their photos on every magazine four days a week that i am waiting in line at the QFC. How much can you say about these two?

    I always liked Drew, even with her valley girl talk.

    Beyonce can't dance. And i hate her music.

    J-Lo. Loved her as Selena. then she got big and big headed. Hated her ever since. she nearly ruined Ben Affleck.

    Don't know enough about Heidi.

    Dont' want to like Beckham just because he married that stupid skinny pouty Spice girl. But i actually liked his wife when she was a guest judge on Idol recently.

    Now my list: (these are all knee-jerk reactions so don't go trying to correct me on my opinions. i won't listen.)

    1. Never liked Jay Leno. Still don't. (Poor Conan....well not actually, he is going to get $30+ million dollars for not working?)

    2. I didn't like Colin Firth so much when he was on Jon Stewart the other night. Truth is, i don't think i ever really liked him that much.

    3. I don't like Brad Pitt's stupid beard. So right now i don't like Brad Pitt.

    4. I used to not like Cate Blanchette that much, but now i do. Ever since the movie Bandits.

    5. I NEVER liked Demi Moore and still don't.

    6. (I realize i am not playing this by the rules, but this is just what comes to mind.)

    7. I like Bruce Willis more than i used to.He is one i used to love (Moonlighting), then didn't so much (Those talking baby movies), then loved again (Pulp Fiction).

    8. And i like Ashton Kucher a whole lot better too. I thought he was a punk during the Punk'd and 70's years. (It's because of him i bought my Nikon D-90 camera.) Demi is not worthy.

    9. I might not like Tim Robbins anymore if i find out HE is the reason he and Susan Sarandon broke up.

    10. I used to like Robert DeNiro until i saw him host Saturday Night Live a few years ago. He comes across as an asshole.

    11. I love Johnny Depp and probably always will.

    i might come back with more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah thats when i used to be put off by Angelina, but I think her and Brad are good together.

    well its not jen's fault shes on the tabloids but i just feel like she might be a little more shallow for being so wealthy and famous

    when drew married tom green though i definitley looked at her like she was crazy. obviously she realized soon because that didnt last long

    I just hate beyonce, her music is such crap screaming "put a ring on it" 40 times in a row does not make it a song. im annoyed that i even know this line lol

    J-lo is just low.

    yeah victoria always got a bad rap for being a spice girl, but ive seen her in interviews and read articles she was in and i LOVE her, and i too loved her on idol lol she truly is Posh (which was her name when she was a spice girl, but i will admit i was a spice girl fan lol)

    i dont liek jay leno because he just makes fun of people which annoys me. its like "The Soup" and the host of that show, i refuse to watch it.

    i dont care about brad pitts beard

    i loved cate blanchett ever since benjamin button

    ive always like ashton, i still like him for punkd because he got you to see the real emotions of the famous people. you saw who were true assholes and truly good people (he punked one of the guys on 70's and it had to do with a semi truck crashing and someone trying to steal everything that was inside and the guy just kept (really calming) taking the merchandise from the guy and putting it back and taking it and putting it back and was just SO calm about doing the right thing it was really cool

    you are correct, you're not playing by the rules if those were the rules id have a list longer than 7 lol

    never liked bruce willis, still dont.

    robert deniro, whats the hype!?

    johnny depp. iunno same response: whats the hype? haha dont shoot me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot participate in a post with someone who has such low esteem for Johnny Depp.

    The man knows who he is and owns it. WYSIWYG and he is an amazing actor.

    Okay -- because I just can't resist it: the Jen/Angelina thing:

    Angelina is her own person...subject to the same foibles and making the occasional bad choices (BBT comes to mind) that any of us do. But, she owns her life. She doesn't define herself by a man. No woman should. And she is a versatile and stunning actress. I have loved every role she's done.

    Jennifer Anniston, on the other hand, can't act her way out of a paper bag. She can't pick a decent role in the first place, and would probably screw it up if she did. I enjoyed Marley and Me for the dog alone.

    She's just all about the LOOK At ME!! That dress she almost wore at the Golden Globes...only slightly less tacky than Mariah Carey's glorified scarf-with-a-belt. And the poor-me-can't-find-a-decent-man schtick. Yuck.

    And I wonder (but don't care enough to try and figure it out) if she started pitching for St Jude before or after Angelina started making a real difference for international charities.

    I didn't like her in Friends either. I didn't like any of the women. Or the men. The show was amusing but the characters were uniformly annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I knew I was gonna get heat for Johnny. I dont have anything against him, I'm just IN love with him but I will say I HATED charlie and the chocolate factory I think they ruined it they made it so over-the-top it wasnt even the same story anymore and I might hold him against that although i will admit I havent watched many of his movies or watched him in many interviews, So i just really dont know enough about johnny. although I did love him in chocolat and pirates of the caribbean lol

    I agree, I LOVEEEE all the roles that Angelina picks, she picks important roles from 'a mighty heart' to fun rules like 'wanted' shes totally gorgeous, total badass and totally her own.

    and I agree, Jen (although I think she is a good actress) she picks HORRIBLE roles. 'friends with money' WHAT was that?! I have a whole list of bad movies she has picked. but she was REALLY good in 'derailed' but I think she does have a superficial shallowness to her and I think lately shes been trying to compete with angelina (havent seen the dress your referring to) but i would assume shes trying to prove shes still hot despite her age because she is single.

    although on her boy choices... it hasnt worked out, but i would think that vince vaughn would be a lot of fun and i can totally see why she would date him when she was so upset with her life right after her divorce, she needed someone to cheer her up she wasnt looking for another husband right away. and i would date john mayer anyday any year, mhmm musician :)

    although i'm totally with you on the st. jude, i dont think its something all that sincere and i dont think its something shes passion about, i wouldnt be surprised if THEY came to her and asked her to do it.

    i loved her on friends though, i loved everyone on friends, but i have some weird connection with that show. although monica is annoying, she is definitley supposed to be that way with her shriek voice and her obbsesive cleaning (and inflicting everyone else to be the same) i just thought everyone got better with that show, i think everyone got more attractive with that show too. David schwimmer was NOT cute in the first seasons but at the end hes actually pretty hott. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, you would think that David Schwimmer is hotter than Johnny Depp?

    I am not sure we can any longer remain related.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well i never said that!! but johnny isnt my style...

    i can't win the argument here but i like the really clean cut kinda nerdy guys. for some reason johnny depp reminds me of someone who would be an anarchist and although i would totally be friends with an anarchist (well maybe not) im very strict when it comes to who i want to date and i dont fantasize about guys i wouldnt want to date

    HAHAHA see I'M to nerdy for johnny. hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love johnny depp. he's had me since edward scissorhands.

    angelina turned me off when she was with billy bob and disclosed in an interview that she got a tatoo for him in an unmentionable place.

    i like jennifer aniston's look is about all.

    "put a ring on it" is beyonce? i HATE that song. we do it in aerobics and it is so so stupid.

    i liked j-lo in that movie "enough." aside from that i know nothing about her.

    drew barrymore's crooked smile annoys me. it makes her seem insincere. but i liked her in ET.

    i am also concerned about tim robbins.

    i love jon stewart. always have and expect that i always will.

    ReplyDelete