Tuesday, April 27, 2010

a not so lazy day





Pictures: I was searching through my pictures looking for something to post when I found that picture of Jo and I and I decided to do a tribute of fun pictures to my fam. they got out of intentional order but oh well.
.
.
the first one is my Dad and I - it was new years (the year before last) and we had a murder mystery party (so thats the reason for the outfits) and it had just hit midnight which was kind of a big moment for us because it was exactly one year before that I had just been admitted to the hospital (yup new years eve) before we knew I had lupus. I like this picture because it was midnight the year before that dad was sleeping on a hospital chair while I was passed out in a hospital bed; it was a fun new years. haha.
.
.
the next one is of my Uncle B (jojos hubby) and Oliver when he was still pretty young (this was from my birthday in July)
.
.
the next picture pretty much sums up my sister and I - this was christmas, and i made that sweater for my dad as an ugly sweater contest for work LOL.
.
.
the next one is my mom and I, I loveeee this picture because were both laughing and its fun, she hates it for some reason. haha.
.
.
then Jojo and I, this was at the mandolin cafe they were having an open mic night so jojo, brian and I went when I happened to be in town one weekend and the glasses are these joke glasses my sister had from work which is why im laughing so hard.
.
.
.
.
MENU OF MY DAY:
.
.
Eating: an apple, (don't get excited about my healthy choice, it was only followed by a million other snacks from prednizoning)
.
.
Drinking: A bottled water (yet again dont get excited, it was followed by 2 diet cokes.)
.
.
Listening: I've abandonded my playlist and I'm just listening to my Ipod and shuffling through the songs I dont really like - Currently listening to Coldplay - Everythings Not Lost
.
.
Feeling: Excited, Anxious, Relieved, Accomplished, Proud.
.
.
New Goal: to pull a Julia/Julie but instead of cooking one recipe a day and blogging about it, i'm going to watch one movie everyday and blog about it- well i'm actually giving myself 5 movies a week (because monday and thursdays i have class from 12:30-10:00pm so i dont have time to watch any movies.) but I reactivated my netflix and upgraded to 2 movies at a time and i've already watched 2 :)
.
.
New Stress: my global design project; everyone in the class got a different country and we are all designing a community center that serves the needs for the community we choose within the country.
.
.
I got Pakistan and then I chose Islamabad as my location -- normally as a designer we get a program (basically a list of all the rooms.) because everyone is in a completely different country we are creating our own program and for that reason as well we are designing the building from scratch (usually we are given a building and we do a "remodel")
.
.
So to start everything from a completely blank slate was completely overwhelming and having a country like a Pakistan it was hard to isolate and concentrate on the problems i could actually address (i was trying to save the world with this community center until my professor finally grounded me.) I finally decided to close in one major problem the country has (that I can actually address) and thats lack of healthcare and immunizations. 1/10 children in Pakistan don't live to see their 5th birthday and they are dying of ridiculous things like diarhea and other preventable things. they also have 100,000 cases of polio in Pakistan and 20,000 new cases every year so I thought it was really important to include an immunization clinic to prevent this kind of thing.
.
.
So at this point (after hoursssss of redesigning what I already had designed I think I offically have a final program and "final" floorplans and I'm starting to feel really good about the project.
.
.
thats my day. the end.


4 comments:

  1. Great photos and I love how you are approaching your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!! its taken me awhile to get there but I think i'm finally on the right track! we have a panel of judges that are coming to our final presentation and I got 2 architects that I know and I would love to work for when I graduate to come and be judges so this is an oppurtunity to show my work off to them so I have to make sure its my best! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your project sounds like an Idol Gives Back (with the Annie Lennox version).

    The reason your mom does not like that photo is because your mom looks so much better than that! And what is wrong with my hair in the Mandolin photo? This is why i rarely pull it up. It looks like a mess. that is a very good photo of Brian too!

    Eating: the lowfat version of fresh soba noodles. I have to get you some of these. They are lower sodium too. You throw in your own ingredients, fresh spinach, tofu, peapods, mushrooms, and it's big bowl of soup. It's great. Way better for you that ramen. Way better.

    Drinking: nothing. It's Wednesday. Which follows my bowling beer night but before my Thursday Which Feels Like Friday wine night.

    Tunes: Don't think twice by Susan Tedeschi. Such a great version of this Dylan song!

    Feeling: Kind of tired. It was hard running today.

    New Goal: To watch all seasons of Lost after this show is over.

    New Stress: I have to be a keynote speaker at Toni's retirement. All of my colleagues will be there. I have a great idea to do a random speech off of post it notes because Toni is such a random thinker/talker that she interrupts herself to talk about a new idea before finishing the other thought. PLUS she is famous for loving and hoarding post it notes.

    I never read speeches and want it to be unrehearsed so i think this might work.

    good luck with your project!

    I'll see you Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha i know! which is why i'm glad I picked Pakistan (I originally picked Mexico and I wasnt happy about that, then I drew England and finally I got Pakistan.)

    oh i gave up on ramen a long time ago, i dont buy it anymore. i had one at moms a couple weeks ago and she freaked out on me. haha.

    oh no no you have to rehearse it! trust me its the one thing that really helps your nerves, plus you wont have to read every word because you will know it so well, and if you loose your place, you'll be okay. you can still pull it off as unrehearsed, no one will have to know. but you should definitely rehearse it!

    ReplyDelete